Mid-Life Unfolds

Life Unfolds - Dedicated to "Attracting What's Next in Mid-Life and Beyond!" Have you reached mid-life or beyond and are you wondering what is next? Life Unfolds provides business and personal coaching and training to help you thrive while answering the what nexts. We specialize in helping mid-lifers achieve their dreams, change careers, retire happily and to thrive through transitions. More information can be found at http://www.lifeunfolds.com.



Sunday, April 16, 2006

From Mid-Life Angst to Mid-Life Adventure

I've recently been working on a tagline for my business and the title of this post is what I've decided on. I also will use "changing mid-life blues into mid-life brilliance" and "make the rest of your life the best of your life". I love all of them. Most of the folks I coach and that attend my workshops are in mid-life, roughly from 35 to 65. And, of course, I fall in there, too.

The tagline boils down what I do into a single statement, turning angst into adventure in the middle of life. Angst is defined in the dictionary as "dread, anxiety or anguish". Some of us in mid-life may not be quite that severe; it may only be boredom, restlessness or unease. Nonetheless, I think the word angst captures where a lot of us end up in mid-life, wherever that falls for you. The most common complaints I hear in my practice are, "What am I going to do with the rest of my life?" or "It's like I woke up one day and said, this can't be all there is!" or "I don't know what I want to be when I grow up".

My approach to mid-life and I hope to make it yours, is to look at mid-life as one big, grand adventure. You have wisdom you didn't have when you were 20 or 30. You have knowledge, especially self-knowledge, you didn't have when you were younger. Many of us are more free than we were before as children move off to high school and college, you find your second or third career, you retire or retire early, and relationships change to meet more of your needs. Even the questioning about your purpose, your relationships, your career, and your true self indicates an awakening. You are waking up from the programming and patterns laid on you by parents, schools, culture and the media. It is like a butterfly breaking free from the cocoon. We wake up, unfurl our wings, test them and soar!

What do you think of my tagline?

All blog content is copyrighted, all rights reserved, Mary Anne Fields and Life Unfolds, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home