Mid-Life Unfolds

Life Unfolds - Dedicated to "Attracting What's Next in Mid-Life and Beyond!" Have you reached mid-life or beyond and are you wondering what is next? Life Unfolds provides business and personal coaching and training to help you thrive while answering the what nexts. We specialize in helping mid-lifers achieve their dreams, change careers, retire happily and to thrive through transitions. More information can be found at http://www.lifeunfolds.com.



Monday, May 15, 2006

Return from the Big Apple

I had a wonderful time in New York City this past week. I attended the Power of Collaboration conference with an incredible group of people. It was led by Milana Leshinsky, Andrea Lee and Michael Port. I met so many inspiring people and the ideas, enthusiasm and energy were flowing and expanding and just so exciting. I came home with several new friends and collaborators and lots of new product ideas.

Collaboration is not only good for me in my business, but in my personal life as well. One of the themes is that we are greater together than we are on our own. I can see how this applies to my own life. For example, when my neighbors come together to solve a problem such as crime or dropping property values, we can do so much more together and more easily than each of us could do alone. It is more fun, more interesting, and more pleasurable than being the lone wolf, feeling as if you are crying in the wilderness. I collaborate with my friends on things as simple as taking a Mexico vacation together or finding new ways to attract folks to our book clubs or meditation get-togethers. I don't usually think of this as collaboration, after all we are friends. But that is exactly what it is.

If you are trying to do too many things on your own, even if you have the know-how and can do it solo, I encourage you to explore the idea of collaborating with someone. How can you use this idea to make your life easier and more enjoyable? If you are trying to accomplish something in your life right now, who can you call to help or to work or play with? See how many ways you can think of to collaborate with someone today.

Please let me know what you think of this article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home