Mid-Life Unfolds

Life Unfolds - Dedicated to "Attracting What's Next in Mid-Life and Beyond!" Have you reached mid-life or beyond and are you wondering what is next? Life Unfolds provides business and personal coaching and training to help you thrive while answering the what nexts. We specialize in helping mid-lifers achieve their dreams, change careers, retire happily and to thrive through transitions. More information can be found at http://www.lifeunfolds.com.



Friday, August 04, 2006

Solo Camping Trip

I just got home from my summer vacation. As you may know, I needed a break from the Houston heat, and decided to take off for a few days.

This first pic is from Palo Duro Canyon in Texas. I drove from Houston to there on my first day out. Long day, but worth the view.

And the second is my campsite in Hyde Memorial State Park just a few miles outside Santa Fe, NM. I stayed in this park for three days. Once I reached NM, it rained every day. But it was still cool and really beautiful. My camp site was next to a small creek and I could hear the water over the rocks along with the wind moving through the tall evergreens. It was exactly what I was seeking, some place to get refreshed and invigorated again.

I also visited Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Jemez Springs, Chimayo, and Taos in NM. Drove home through the Texas hill country.




All blog content is copyrighted, all rights reserved, Mary Anne Fields and Life Unfolds, 2006

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

For the people who can't fathom enjoying some time alone ... doesn't everyone want a taste of that now and again?

To Love, Honor and Dismay

9:02 PM  
Blogger lifeunfolds.com said...

We all probably have different tolerances for being alone. From being a loner or recluse to basically never being alone. Many mask being alone (and feelings of fear or loneliness) by watching tv or having a lot of noise going on or even by having pets. And going on a trip, especially camping, where one is alone maybe 90% of the time is definitely more than a "taste". I think the folks who are shocked that one would want to travel alone have never done it themselves and may not be used to having a lot of alone time. The trick for all is finding a comfortable balance of being with people and being alone.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home