Mid-Life Unfolds

Life Unfolds - Dedicated to "Attracting What's Next in Mid-Life and Beyond!" Have you reached mid-life or beyond and are you wondering what is next? Life Unfolds provides business and personal coaching and training to help you thrive while answering the what nexts. We specialize in helping mid-lifers achieve their dreams, change careers, retire happily and to thrive through transitions. More information can be found at http://www.lifeunfolds.com.



Sunday, October 01, 2006

Loosening Your Grip

One of the things I love about being older is that I've loosened my grip on things. Things that used to loom so large or seem so critical just aren't any more. I do not cling so tightly to life's crises, injustices, mishaps, blunders, mistakes, pain, having or not having, and all the other things that are a normal part of life that can make us so miserable. I let go much easier now.

Folks who have known me a long time will tell you that I used to be very Type A, very uptight and serious. Midlife has brought me to a place where I wonder why I was so uptight, why I thought everything was so serious. I look back at the damage I did to my family and friends, by behaving as if everything mattered, needed to be judged and corrected, when in fact, very little truly matters in the grand scheme of things. I spilled a lot of negativity in the world trying to make things better. You can see this most easily when you see a parent berating their child, making them feel bad or diminished in the name of "training" or "discipline". This is not a case of not caring or giving up, it is more one of balance, and of seeing things as just part of the human existence. Of seeing things on the highest plane, that we are all here wanting the same things, to be happy and loved and at peace.

All blog content is copyrighted, all rights reserved, Mary Anne Fields and Life Unfolds, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home