Mid-Life Unfolds

Life Unfolds - Dedicated to "Attracting What's Next in Mid-Life and Beyond!" Have you reached mid-life or beyond and are you wondering what is next? Life Unfolds provides business and personal coaching and training to help you thrive while answering the what nexts. We specialize in helping mid-lifers achieve their dreams, change careers, retire happily and to thrive through transitions. More information can be found at http://www.lifeunfolds.com.



Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Big Thank You

I gave a talk last week to the women's association of the Bay Oaks Country Club. In attendance were about 90 women of all ages. My talk was on discovering and living your dreams.

Before and after the talk, I had the chance to speak with several of the attendees. What a wonderful group of women. So many of them spoke of exactly the kinds of topics I speak and teach about. Topics like: I wonder what I'm supposed to do in this life; I wonder what's next for me now that the kids are gone/going; I have a dream but I'm not sure what to do to get it started; How do I get moving...I seem to be stuck; I've done everything for my husband and children...it's my turn now, and so on.

I met a woman who was in her mid-seventies who spoke fondly of her careers but was totally enjoying her retirement. She was so friendly and energetic. when I told her she looked much younger than her age, she laughed and replied, "Well I'm the new 77, not the old!" I talked to younger women who were looking forward to their children's summer off and full of plans to have great family times. Some of the women were challenging themselves to do and be more in the outside world, either through careers, running a business or volunteering in responsible positions. It was a joy to me to see so many women seeking to be their best selves and to experience life to the fullest.

I really enjoyed getting to know these women a little and loved giving the talk. Thank you Bay Area Country Club Women 's Association for inviting me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home