Mid-Life Unfolds

Life Unfolds - Dedicated to "Attracting What's Next in Mid-Life and Beyond!" Have you reached mid-life or beyond and are you wondering what is next? Life Unfolds provides business and personal coaching and training to help you thrive while answering the what nexts. We specialize in helping mid-lifers achieve their dreams, change careers, retire happily and to thrive through transitions. More information can be found at http://www.lifeunfolds.com.



Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Are You Grateful?

Each and every day we have a thousand opportunities to be grateful. We even know this is good for us and good for the world. But do we practice it? Typically we wake up and eat breakfast, drive to work, work all day, come home, watch TV or read, go to bed to sleep and start all over again. Not one bit of gratitude felt or expressed.

I call gratitude (or appreciation) the base-note of the Universe. It is the feeling tone that we must aspire to. Gratitude felt and expressed tells the Universe I WANT MORE! Being grateful for kindnesses, for plenty, for love, for goodness is the way of ordering up more of it. The more grateful you are, the more riches you'll have in your life.

So what can you be grateful for today? How about:
1. I wake up! (think of the alternative)
2. I have a roof over my head, a beautiful one at that.
3. I am healthy and can get out of bed.
4. I have food for breakfast, chosen by me from my plentiful grocery near my house.
5. I have a great car that gets me to my workplace with air conditioning.
6. I thank the man who let me merge into traffic this morning.
7. I have a job.
8. I work in a place that values my skills.
9. I get a paycheck that pays my bills and then some.
10. I appreciate the security guard who opens the door for me each morning.
11. My office is clean because someone cleaned it overnight.
12. I love elevators and automatic doors.
13. I have family who loves me.
14. I have the tools necessary to do my job, computers, paper, pens, lighting, a desk, a comfortable chair, training.
15. I have a boss who does her job so that I can do mine.
16. I have an assistant and co-workers who do their jobs so I can do mine.

I think you are getting the idea, that there are literally dozens of opportunities for us all to feel and express gratitude each and every day. Try to bring some awareness into your day about how much you have to be grateful for, not just things, but people, events, places. Express your gratitude out loud and frequently. The Universe is listening and waiting for your orders.

All blog content is copyrighted, all rights reserved, Mary Anne Fields and Life Unfolds, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home